Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Homemade brush cleaner and eye make up remover

How many of you find it hard to find brush cleaner or eye make up remover that's not oily ? If you live in a small town like I do it's hard uess you order of the Internet all the time. So I watched a few videos on YouTube and now use these. Most of these products you can find around the house.
For the brush cleaner you will need :
A bottle or spray bottle to store your cleaner in
1 cup distiller water ( better for long term storage )
1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol 70%
1/2 tbs dish soap
1/2 tbs baby shampoo or another gentle shampoo
1 tbs leave in conditioner the liquid kind
You can add a few drops of food coloring if you want. It will not dye your brushes

Mix it In a large container and mix without creating suds. pour it in to your bottle or spray bottle. I use this for everyday spot cleaning.


Make up remover
You will need a bottle for storage and a large container to mix in.
3/4 cups of distiller water
1 1/2 tbs of baby shampoo ( tear free )
1/2 tsp of baby oil
Mix well without creating suds and pour in you container
So this is what I use everyday let me know if this is helpful. Thanks ladies

6 comments:

  1. that's cool! :) thanks for posting!

    p.s. your font is kind of hard to read lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. for makeup remover, i say just use a facial cleanser, even the once u use in the morning. i just use my morning burst cleanser from Clean & Clear

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just switched to dermlogica for face wash bit it doesn't take my eye make up off. I will do a review on the face wash in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i see. what about lotion for eye makeup remover? lol i don't personally do that, but im just throwing stuff out there... like jergens lotion if u have that - something really gentle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of that. I have really sensitive skin so I have to br careful. When I first tried this remover I used generic baby shampoo and my eyes were really itchy but after Sri thing to johnsons and johnsons baby shampoo I have no trouble. Even though I'm stll looking for something that can get maybellines the Falsies water proof off

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will definitely be trying the makeup remover...I already use that recipe for brush cleaner.

    For removing eye makeup I tend to just use Baby Wipes, the ones for sensitive skin, and it works really well at getting the more difficult things off.

    ReplyDelete